Hello! I have a big big announcement – the Fried Green Blog will be relocating to my favorite place on the planet: New Orleans! At the end of the month, the Fried Green Husband and I will be making the 1,011 mile drive to the Crescent City and setting up shop on the West Bank. We are stoked! Completely stoked.
We will be super sad to say goodbye to our friends, family and colleagues here in Virginia, but I imagine we’ll have no shortage of visitors! It will be super exciting for me to move down south and make new friends, coworkers and clients. Things are looking very promising for me and the hubs, so wish us luck!
Here’s a condensed list of reasons I’m excited to be moving to New Orleans:
2. Seeing some Rodrigue’s that aren’t Blue Dog:
Image from George Rodrigue website.
3. Ferries. Ferries are neat:
4. Food. And local beer. I can’t even begin to link to just one of each…
5. Mardi gras of course, but also Jazz Fest and a million other festivals I have yet to discover.
6. Climate. New Orleans vs. Richmond (brrr… I will not miss Virginia winter!)
7. Music. Tons of music.
8. Trying something new. Priceless.
Here we go!